Finally Google came out with another core update which has “shaken the world” of businesses, SEO’s, and webmasters around the globe. This wasn’t for any one or two niche. Effects that can be seen on every niche whether its blog or business the ranking has dropped very significantly.From Finance to technology or business to blogs traffic has gone down.
Being an SEO i also went through some reputed “SEO NEWS Sites” to get an idea what actually happening why my Website ranking has taken a u-turn. The day before I saw the ranking was going up organic keywords were increasing “everything was looking green and positive” but on the next day encountered with an update.
Now I am getting back on track of recovering my website. I think I am getting success.
How I do That – Here are ways you should also try
What Was The people’s Reaction
So Webmaters calling it may Core Update 2020 some are calling it pandemic update or covid update and feeling resentment during this time of pandemic.some people are not looking happy with the timing of the update can be seen on social media.
Business is almost closed. No economic activity is happening, no sales, less traffic due to updates making it even worse for website owners.
Announcement of Core Update
What Google say – Which Sites and web pages affected from this Update
Google says that “Google launches updates to make their results relevant to their user on a regular basis; this update is also a part of that. This update has nothing to do with the websites not violating any webmaster guidelines. “ read this blog by webmaster google blog published on i august 2019: https://webmasters.googleblog.com/2019/08/core-updates.html
“Basic principles TO Optimize
- Make pages primarily for users, not for search engines.
- Don’t deceive your users.
- Avoid tricks intended to improve search engine rankings. A good rule of thumb is whether you’d feel comfortable explaining what you’ve done to a website that competes with you, or to a Google employee. Another useful test is to ask, “Does this help my users? Would I do this if search engines didn’t exist?”
- Think about what makes your website unique, valuable, or engaging. Make your website stand out from others in your field.”
Read More at:- https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/35769
What should you do to get your Ranking and traffic back
- The sites with thin content or trying to rank their sites with Keyword stuffing, keyword focused url techniques are going to get affected from this update.
- Web Pages for users not for search engines will be rewarded by google algorithm.Make your pages more engaging to hold your website visitor for a decent time.
- Go for a lengthy content without affecting User experience. If you think due to lengthy content your website’s User experience can be compromised then don’t do it.
- Research For FAQ’s(Frequently Asked Questions) that people ask and resolve them.
E-A-T (Expertise- Authority-Trustworthiness)
We have to keep in mind the google will come with updates to return best to users search and queries . so it makes it very imperative for us being SEO’s, Webmaster that we should make our pages trustworthy and with real, evidence and research.
Researched based content that helps users. Expertise is very important for some niches where a wrong information can affect users’ life very seriously in terms of health or wealth. Niche related to medical or finance.
Conclusion:- The Conclusion is stop optimizing your web pages for search engines because google doesn’t even want that. Making strategies to make your web pages more engaging will definitely help you to get your ranking and traffic back.
- Google May Core Update 2020-How To Recover Your Website - May 16, 2020
- Why You Should Advertise Your Business On social Media During Covid-19 Pandemic - May 3, 2020
- 5 Tips – How to Dominate Local SEO - April 3, 2020